HTML5 LC Download Icon?

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Sun May 15 10:18:22 EDT 2016

Hi Herman,

Yes, I understand now that everything gets downloaded
with this HTML5 deployment including my app.
That being the case, I find the icon to be annoying, but
I’m glad to here that my future (already paid for) license
will get rid of the thing.

HTML5 still being in the early experimental stage which
also has no means of communicating with outside files
or databases kills any potential usefulness of it’s
abilities for me.  That makes it difficult to determine
when I should start my license for it.  I was looking
for a finished/polished product, not a beta/experimental
version.

Since HTML5 downloads my app anyway, it probably
makes more sense for me to just have a standard link
in one of my webpages which points the user to
download and install the correct version of my app
for Mac or Windows or Linux.  Then my app can
talk to whatever files or databases it needs to,
without any unwanted green icons.

What I really wanted from HTML5, was something
similar to a “Dream Weaver” on steroids for LiveCode
that would write the HTML5 for me for easy deployment
to my server-side website.  I didn’t want a client-based
downloading type app that doesn’t communicate with
files or databases.  Oh well…

Thanks for your response!

Rick