Display issue with LC 8 and OSX Dock

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Sat May 7 10:51:18 EDT 2016

> On 7 May 2016, at 13:25, pink <nabble at mad.pink> wrote:
>
> The second icon that appears in the Dock is the "Autoupdate" program which is
> checking the Livecode site for an update.
>
> It closes almost immediately because there isn't one.

Very good point but……

1. Went to preferences and turned off all the update checking and it still did it.

2. Went back to preferences and noticed that “notify me of development releases is still checked”

3. Tried again to turn this off but overtime I open LC it is still checked.

Why is this happening.

Does the Autoupdate programme do something else?

It wouldn’t be a "calling home” type programme would it?

All the best

Terry