Beeing a developer after 40

RM richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon May 2 15:21:13 EDT 2016

I'm not slobbering yet (well, except in anticipation at the first stable
release of Livecode 8.0),
nor is my father who is pushing 84, nor my mother who should be 86 this
summer.

However there are a fair few slobberers round the streets of Plovdiv;
some of whom are younger than me.

Whether that is because they are just clean gyte or because they have
let things slip I cannot work out.

So slobbering can set in at any age . . .

Certainly my parents have not become senile, slobbering whatsits mainly
because
they have kept up the mental stimuli as well as having a good. brisk
walk each day, and not hitting
the bottle or sitting, slack-jawed in front of the telly watching
mindless pap.

Currently father is trying to create chemical formulae in LibreOffice
for a paper he is
writing about an educational idea he has about kids using Open Source
stuff for
Chemistry homework . . . better than slobbering whichever way you cut
things!

Richmond.