Standalones on el Capitan?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon May 2 13:26:36 EDT 2016

Roger Eller wrote:
> My point is, there are wanna-be-programmers out there who don't even know
> they CAN BE programmers because they think it's too difficult to learn.
> You have to get the word out beyond this list.

Indeed, that's exactly what so many of us are doing.

I'm helping to organize three coding events for youth this year at which
we'll have sessions on LiveCode.

Max Shafer presents LiveCode throughout the year at educational
conferences, including a very high-level one in our state capital.

Mark Rauterkus just submitted a rather substantial grant proposal for a
teaching series based around LiveCode.

LLoyd Rieber teaches LC every week, and maintains a very informative
blog about it.

And then there's the ongoing work of Devin Assay, David Bovill, and so
many others around the world, all expanding the scope of interest in
LiveCode.

The most powerful statement anyone here can make for LiveCode is also
the most self-serving:  ship great software you've made with LiveCode,
and let folks know how you did it.

It's not like this community or the company is sitting still....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems