Launcher Stack and Saving

jameshale james at thehales.id.au
Tue Mar 8 08:41:10 EST 2016

Randy Hengst wrote
> Second, when I “quit” the launcher the changes made to the “main” stack
> are not saved. However, when I close by clicking the “red” dot of the
> “main” stack, the changes are saved.

I have not gone through the lesson but the launcher/mainstack structure
usually implies that once the "launcher" has done its bit, the "main" stack
is the one left open. Thus to quit, you are quitting the main stack, not the
launcher. If this is the case then the "closestack" message sitting in your
main stack is only sent when the user or a handler "closes" its window. Is
this what you are doing to "quit".
If not, perhaps you want to act on the "shutdownrequest" message
(remembering to pass it)?

> Finally, is it possible to place the “main” stack in the OSX package
> rather than having the stack in the same folder as the launcher
> standalone?

When you build the standalone the launcher and the engine are combined into
the executable within MacOS folder within the app's package. The main stack
and other resources will also be in that folder, either as is or in any
folder structure you have constructed. Isn't that where you want them?
They should all be in the 'package' else they won't be part of your app.

James