Launcher Stack and Saving

Randy Hengst iowahengst at mac.com
Mon Mar 7 16:26:20 EST 2016

Hi All,

I’m working for the first time with the “launcher” stack process to be able to save in a livecode stack.

OSX 10.10.5 and LC 7.1.1

I’ve followed this lesson:
How do I save custom properties in a standalone application?
http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/17375-how-do-i-save-custom-properties-in-a-standalone-application

And have created a “launch” stack and “main” stack as outlined. So, this code is in the launcher:
on openStack
    open stack "Main Application.livecode"
    close stack "Launcher"
end openStack

And, in the main stack I have this code
on closeStack
   save this stack
   pass closeStack
end closeStack

The “main” stack opens just fine…  But, I’ve run into a couple bumps for which I haven’t found an answer in the lists or forum.

First, my “answer” calls don’t work when I open the “main” stack from the launcher. They work just fine in the IDE. Nothing appears at all. The script does run as if the “answer” call isn’t there… no error, etc.

Second, when I “quit” the launcher the changes made to the “main” stack are not saved. However, when I close by clicking the “red” dot of the “main” stack, the changes are saved.

Finally, is it possible to place the “main” stack in the OSX package rather than having the stack in the same folder as the launcher standalone?

be well,
randy

Randy Hengst
www.classroomFocusedSoftware.com