LC8DP15 feedback-IDE Issues

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Mar 3 16:16:48 EST 2016

On 03/03/2016 11:33 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> As for the Inspector, it may be time to consider a property sheet rather
> than manually arranged control layouts.  VB and Toolbook use prop sheets
> and I love having absolutely every property available in one place.
> Helps with learning too, so folks can see all properties laid out and
> explore them more easily.

Yeah, I'd really like to have actual property sheets.

And as far as disruptive paradigms, I've always been annoyed at having
to go to the property inspector and have to remember where the
'contents' section is to set the text of a label field. Double-clicking
a label field in Edit mode should do the trick. I made a plugin to allow
this, and I imagine everyone else did too. But I shouldn't have to do
this, the IDE should just do that natively.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com