LC8DP15 feedback-IDE Issues

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Thu Mar 3 10:02:06 EST 2016

On the subject of improving the Project Browser, I would like to see a ‘Refresh’ button added to this palette, probably in the header bar by the gear icon. Sometimes the PB doesn’t always update in the way you would expect and the only way to refresh it right now is to close and re-open the palette, I seem to have to do this all too often.

For the widgets in the Tool Palette, personally I would prefer to see them in a separate ‘Widgets’ palette, but if they are to live in the Tools Palette, then I agree that they should be moved lower down below the main controls.

Having read some of the posts, especially from RG, I’m now trying to work in LC without the Tools Palette or the ToolBar being visible, all of the commands and controls are available under the menus so both of these palettes are not really necessary, but, I find the lack of some shortcuts can slow things down a little, so I would really like to be able to have some customizable shortcuts. I do keep adding some by editing the revMenuBar script, so maybe I’ll try to figure out the GIT stuff and make a pull request someday.

Paul