Open source, closed source, and the value of code

Robert Mann rman at free.fr
Tue Mar 1 17:47:58 EST 2016

indeed.. I do have an android phone!!

And I read the GNU license for good,
and the FAQ's for good,
and some discussions

1) my personal conclusion reading these is that the assumption you make
about stack files falling under GPL is.. questionable, but.. arguable,
particularly if there are elements of interfaces buttons so on that would
link to the engine. And the more intricated these become e.g. with widgets,
the more linked this will be.

But, if the stack file contains only code, I doubt that can fall onto GPL.
The language itself is not copyrightable so a piece of code really is an
"output" of an editor program and as such is not covered by GPL so long I
can read!

Arguably, code dispersed in interface objects "sections" can also be
regarded as a kind of organization of code and thus treated as output of the
editor's program and thus not covered by the GPL.

2) are you saying do I rightly understand? that in order to be published by
apple a program has to be written FROM scratch up in a commercial version???
So that one cannot start up to write code in OS version and later switch to
commercial????  Are there any.. markers in the code?

In practice I really wonder if Apple would trace back the origin of the
origin of a code and make sure it was not "written" with GPL covered
program. if it did, I wonder what they say about all those lines written in
EMACS.

To me that argument is kind of "tiré par le cheveux" as we say in french.
(something like.. stretched out?).

I love my android phone...