Slight annoyance from MacKiev

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Jun 21 17:12:55 EDT 2016

I have been using HyperStudio for some time now. The current version is
something between PowerPoint and HyperCard, althought that would be a
modern version of HyperCard.

HS Author provides a subset of the features of HyperStudio. HyperStudion
used to do the HTML5 export by itself, but people would often create a
HS stack with many features only to discover that the HTML5 version
wouldn't contain all these features. Therefore, a separate product was
created, which lets you use only those features that can be exported to
HTML5.

I don't use Author very often, but have made some nice pages that let me
move pictures around (I wanted to write "objects" but that would be wrong).

Sometimes I use HyperStudio to play with HyperDuino. I was able to
collect some environmental data (light and temperature) using Arduino
and HyperStudio, without any scripting.

To answer your questions: you can put the HTML5 files created by Author
into Dropbox and load them on your iOS or Android device. Dropbox can
download the files and let you use the "app" whenever you want it, off-line.

Yes, you can also do this with LiveCode's HTML5 exports, although I
haven't tried that yet and I wouldn't be surprised if there were some
catch that makes this slightly more complicated that expected. I really
would have to try this.

Kind regards,

Mark Schonewille
http://economy-x-talk.com