'Coordinate' syntax

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Mon Jun 13 17:34:29 EDT 2016

In the BMI example which introduces LC 8, there occurs this line of script:

  put the cHeight of this stack, the cWeight of this stack into tCoordinates

This has the effect of putting two values (the values of the two custom props) separated by a comma into the variable ‘tCoordinates’. I was surprised by this. Has it always been legal to do this kind of thing without an overt string expression? I would have expected to have to do

  put (the cHeight of this stack) & ”,” & (the cWeight of this stack) into tCoordinates

I don’t see in the first version how LC ‘knows’ that the separating comma is legitimate.

Is everyone else OK with this?

Graham