One Rect For All specificaiton

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Jan 26 23:07:02 EST 2016

On January 26, 2016 at 9:39:15 AM, Colin Holgate (colinholgate at gmail.com<mailto:colinholgate at gmail.com>) wrote:

In showAll to position controls in the corners you need to know the ratio of the device screen. You then multiply that by the width or height, to work out the position.

@ colin: I think we still need a base value reference for width and height values.

Card rect will not work, tried it and it fails, following your earlier counsel to “use what ever size stack feels comfortable” I’m using 1200 x657

ergo  I think we have to use the screenRect, n’est pas?

I’m in a discusson on a quality ticket on this subject. Apparently we *must* have all the splash screens in place to get LC/iOS to report the actual screen rect correctly or it defaults to the lowest possible platform rect in points regardless of what iOS device you are on: hence the bizarre report from my test app that the screenrect on my iPhone 6plus was 440 X 320 (or some such strange value)

Android: I only have a Nexus 5 (16:9) so I can’t test other Android sizes/ratios.

@ Jaqueline… If you run a 16:9 —  1200 X 675 stack on an iPad. the card rect is still reported as 675 high even though the screen is 728 high

set the bottom of grp “bottomNav”  to item 4 of (the rect of this card)

 will float the group at 675, 53 pixels above the bottom edge (iPad height is  728)

 if you could test using this kind of method instead.

on preopenstack
 put the effective stackRect into tBaseRect
 set the bottom of grp “bottomToolBar” to item 4 of tBaseRect
end preopenstack

and see if that  sticks the control to the bottom edge of varying size/ratio android devices. That would be an interesting test.

As for a tutorial… yes Colin would best write the docs… though I think my demo stack is getting there slowly. I'm stuck in editorial for a few days and will get back to it later this week.

BR