Using the Widget to display charts

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Tue Jan 26 11:07:58 EST 2016

I have previously been trying to display charts using HighCharts in a LC browser in LC6 & LC7 without success from a local copy of HighCharts.

I have just thrown together a test stack using AMCharts in a LC8 Browser widget and to my surprise it has worked.

I have three fields.

1. The AMCharts base JS
2. The AMCharts JS for a pie chart
3. A sample Pie Chart JS

In the sample JS I replace the calls to AMCharts web by replacing the calls with the JS Code in 1 & 2 and then place the result into the htmlText of the widget.

Surprise, surprise, it worked.

This should allow all sorts of fancy charts to be displayed in LC 8. See the examples on AMCharts website

https://www.amcharts.com

I have but the rough and ready example in dropbox for anyone interested.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98788898/ChartInBrowserTest.livecode

All the best

Terry