One Rect For All specificaiton

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Jan 25 15:28:35 EST 2016

On 25/01/2016 9:09 pm, "use-livecode on behalf of Colin Holgate"
<use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of
colinholgate at gmail.com> wrote:

>The 4:3 to 16:9 is a range, it¹s not that it only takes care of those two
>cases. If you use a 4:3 card and have 16:9 content, on a 16:10 device,
>you¹ll see most of the 16:9 content.
>
>There are cases where a device might exceed 16:9. For example, a 16:9
>device that is showing some sort of temporary bar along the top. In such
>a case you might end up with a small amount of border on the far left and
>right of your content. Not something I would worry about too much!
>
>About letter boxing as a solution, that¹s probably ok in the Android
>world, but if for example you solve your iOS needs by letting a 4:3 card
>have borders on a 16:9 device, Apple would reject the app.

I only set the fullscreenmode to letterbox on android. I only have to do
the bare minimum on iOS for it to display correctly.

So, starting with a 320x460 stack

For iOSŠ

put item 4 of the working screenrect into tB
set the bottom of grp "btnBar" to tB
‹ do any other geometry related stuff here

For AndroidŠ

Set the fullscreenmode to letterbox
put the working screenrect into tWR
      put (item 4 of tWR)/(item 3 of tWR) into tAspectRatio
put 10*(trunc (tAspectRatio*320/10)) into tB
      set the height of this stack to tB
set the bottom of grp "btnBar" to tB
‹ do any other geometry related stuff here

TerryŠ