One Rect For All specificaiton

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 25 13:10:23 EST 2016

I've moved a 16:9 stack to Android and the problem with right/left edges wasn't minor. There was a significant gap at the edges that made toolbars and images appear to be hanging in space.

I think the general rule to use 75% of the internal area for the content will probably translate to Android fine, but if there are background images, toolbars, or other objects that need to cover the entire visible area then they need to be much wider and/or taller than the dimensions of an iPhone to be usable on the wide variety of Android devices.