Modifying revErrorReport

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Sun Jan 24 01:49:48 EST 2016

Tom:
One problem with using the built-in error report feature is that if a user is operating on a public computer, it may not have local email support. For instance, I had an app that generated an error report on a Windows machine and it didn’t have outlook set up, so it didn’t happen.

I’ve set up my server so I can send emails through it, from Livecode standalones. i think that’s a much more robust way of sending error reports. I’ve only just gotten it working so i can also upload and email attachments, mainly so student work can be sent to instructors, if needed. It’s php based. It was a pain getting the headers right and there was a bug in the example in the documentation that made it even more difficult to get working.

Anyway, let me know if you would like my tutorial stack when I get it done in a day or so.

Best,
Bill