Mac standalones generated on Linux and Windows

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Jan 20 08:33:09 EST 2016

On 1/20/2016 2:43 AM, Richmond wrote:
> This is an old chestnut:
>
> http://use-livecode.runrev.narkive.com/XpqiPfKN/creating-mac-standalone-on-windows-studio
>

> http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26320&p=136924#p136924
>
> I wonder if there is a way to solve this, as having to have access to
> a Macintosh computer
> to set the executable bit inside bundles is a "right bu**er".

This is way out of date (from 6 years ago). You have been able to build
OS X standalones under Windows without setting any execution bits or
stuff like that for a number of releases. I do nearly all my development
under Windows. I just ZIP up the OSX build and move it to my OSX system
unzip and it runs just fine.