Message watcher in LC 8

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon Jan 18 04:32:36 EST 2016

On 15/01/2016 14:42, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> The IDE insists on changing the name of the stack file when I do Save As
> (necessary to maintain compatibility with older versions of LC), and at some
> point I just gave up manually changing it to match the old URL.

Hi Richard,

I wouldn't dream of teaching my grandmother anything in relation to eggs, but
FWIW: the 'backup+save' button on my standard toolbar extension looks for a
stack property "uPrefStackFormat" which I can set to indicate the preferred
format (2.4/2.7/5.5) and sets "the stackfileversion" appropriately before
saving the stack.  That technique lets me move around between many versions of
LC without (too often) running into the problem you mention.

best

Ben