"fork" command?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Jan 8 22:16:58 EST 2016

On 01/08/2016 05:48 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> But I like LiveCode.  I'd even go so far as to say that I love it.  And
> when I see truly massive systems like Eve Online, and efficient systems
> like Node.js, I see things that are very close to what LiveCode can do
> right now - but is LiveCode close enough to do them?  I don't know.
> That's what I'm hoping to learn.

It's an interesting philosophy. I usually go the other way around.
I think part of maturing as a developer is being able to pick an
appropriate tool for a given job. I've had to drop LiveCode as a
platform for multiple projects when it wasn't up to the job or I hit
brick walls with it. I'm not much of a php fan, but if it does the job
on the backend I'm fine with using it. Likewise a Rails frontend when LC
server isn't up to the task (certificates, totp, etc.).

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com