[On-Rev Tio] could someone test the index.html files in her/his account on Tio?

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Tue Jan 5 08:21:05 EST 2016

Hi,

it seems that all index files, regardless what suffix they had, were overwritten in all folders in all accounts
.
I noticed that on the 28th and informed On-Rev Support. At that time they were already running a script which tried to restore the data from a backup. Unfortunately not all accounts were successfully restored. So i had to restore my data manually.

The sad thing is that the respective customers were not informed about the fact that they had to restore their data manually. I am pretty sure there are plenty of them who even still are not aware that there was and still is a problem with their site. I call this really awful information management.

@Kevin Miller, in the case you are reading this, please don´t reply with such phrases like "I¹m not aware of any particular delays in processing on-rev support at the
moment. I¹ll investigate this question for you.”

Fact is, standard On-Rev support requests are answered very very late. Most emergency requests are answered in an acceptable time, but some also just were ignored or answered very late.

Fact is other providers like “HostM” are also offering WebHosting  with LiveCode server and they are answering standard - not emergency-  support request within some hours instead of days and that for very low monthly rates. Fact is also there is absolutely no communication between On-Rev Support and On-Rev customers when for example a maintenance is planned. I remember even a situation when PHP was upgraded on an On-Rev server w/o informing the customers about this. Not before and even not after the upgrade. Okay we noticed it here automatically because after the upgrade we had massive problems with our online shop.

It would be nice, if you, Kevin, would tell us  how many people work exclusively full Time in the On-Rev support. I have the impression that only David is there 24h for the big problems. At least he is the only one  who is answering the emergency requests.

Regards,

Matthias