shadow declarations bug back?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 18:12:42 EST 2016

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 5:37 PM, Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, that was only one cause.  Minutes after someone suggested that, I got
> one that clearly wasn't that

Now this is *really* curious.

I found one of these being triggered by the same variable being declared
global a few lines apart.

Yes, that's wrong--but this is in my main script, in a major routine.  It's
been there for at least several months, and probably over a year.

And then a half dozen more similar double declarations that weren't
throwing errors, all in long-established routines.

So this may be more than one bug that gives the same incorrect error
message.  Or a bug giving the message, and another circumstance in which
the bug *is* giving that message.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462