No audio playback on iOS devices

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Feb 10 18:23:18 EST 2016

I’ve been testing some small apps that I use in my class on iOS devices. I’m finding that my apps fail to play audio files. It doesn’t seem to matter if I use a simple ‘play’ command or the ‘mobilePlaySoundOnChannel’ command. I’m on Mac Yosemite 10.10.5, and I’ve tried building with LC 7.1.1, 7.1.2 RC2, and 8.0DP14. I’ve tried it on iOS 9.2  and 8.3 on several different iOS devices.

It works on the iOS simulator.
It works on Android.
I have verified that the audio assets are copied successfully to the app bundle. Other external assets, like image files, show up properly in the app.
iOS devices are not muted.

I have built apps for iOS in the past and audio playback has worked without problems.

Am I missing something? Has anyone else run into this?

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University