LC 6.7.8 won't load

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Feb 7 16:46:17 EST 2016

On 02/07/2016 01:14 PM, [-hh] wrote:
> Peter H. wrote:
>> It looks like this is a plugin issue.  I removed all my plugins
>> and 6.7.8 now loads fine.  Will experiment to find which plugin
>> is causing the problem.
>
> Tried your no-plugin-method. Had until now no startup-crash with
> 6.7.8, but two with 7.1.1 and one with 8.0.0-dp14.

Delete or rename your preferences file or folder and try again.
I find myself having to do this on a regular basis - there are some
things in the preferences file that won't work across versions. And if
you have a livecode.rev file then LC8 will grab the preferences from it
to incorporate into livecode7.rev. Things are messed up after that.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com