Graphic effects - Feather Edges of Rects

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Wed Feb 3 22:38:45 EST 2016

Yes this is true and understood. However, I've been working with
Brahmanathswami to find a solution for a transparent object because, as he
says, "Any inner glow or outer glow leaves a sharp edge on the object no
matter what we do." (with an opaque object)

He was looking for a way to feather images within LC and an opaque graphic
object won't do that (as far as I can tell).

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Terry Judd <terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au>
wrote:

> Hi Howard - the outerglow (and innerglow) of an object display fine for me
> on both a field and an (and this bit is important) *opaque* graphic object
> when their borderWidth and lineSize properties are respectively set to 0.
>
> Terry...
>
> On 4/02/2016 11:26 am, "use-livecode on behalf of Howard Bornstein"
> <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of
> bornstein at designeq.com> wrote:
>
> >As did I. What happened when you set the linesize to 0?

> >> For what kind of object? I tested it on a graphic object.
> >>
> >> Devin
> >>
> >> Devin Asay
> >> Office of Digital Humanities
> >> Brigham Young University