SSL?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Dec 26 10:04:02 EST 2016

The easy answer is to use a certificate from Let's Encrypt -
certificates are free, on-rev can enable them and will renew them
automatically.

All you need to do is send an email to on-rev support and they will set
it up for you (though obviously, this is the holidays so they may take a
little while :-)

Here's a clip of an email I got from David while I was requesting it ...

> The way this works is that all sites under your account which are not
> currently secured
> with a preexisting SSL certificate will be automatically set up with a
> Let's Encrypt
> certificate. This process is entirely automated and does not require
> any manual setup
> from yourself, and the certificates are automatically renewed when
> they are about to
> expire.
>
> This can be set up for On-Rev accounts as well as Livecode Hosting
> accounts. I can
> enable this for your account if you would like me to do so.
One example I have is https://kilmelford.com

Probably not relevant for you Tim, but it is possible, and advisable, to
redirect all non-https URLs into the secure versions - though I have yet
to do it myself.
A good guide - just ignore the hostM-specific parts - can be found at

https://www.hostm.com/tutorials/ssl/convert-website-to-https

-- Alex.