Clone graphic does not respect dimensions

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue Dec 6 03:30:48 EST 2016

On 2016-12-03 01:47, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> If someone's smart enough to develop software, they're probably smart
> enough to figure out how to grab a resize handle and make a graphic
> larger. :)

I think that was the problem - and why the check was present. (Of
course, the check should only ever have been done whilst the user was
*editing* in the IDE, and not in the normal course of things - but
that's an entirely different matter).

Prior to 8.0, if your control was smaller than 8x8 it was virtually
impossible to use the edit handles as they were 'interior' to the
object. I suspect that was why the minimum size restriction was put in
place.

Since 8.0, however, edit handlers are on the corners of the controls
meaning that you can still easily resize a control which is 1x1. This
probably means that check can actually be removed without any adverse
effects.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps