live code seems to gratuitously unlock write permission for directories

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun Dec 4 18:24:36 EST 2016

Thanks Stephen - this isn't one of my Dreamhost sites, it's still on
on-rev.

I am 99% sure the downloads directory was readable at one time - but
I've decided to keep the extra security of explicitly deciding which
URLs to to give out, and to whom - rather than a more permissive (even
if filtered and parameterized) script. That would probably be a
different decision if I had a larger number of files - but it's
basically only a dozen or so files, referenced from 4 or 5 pages, plus a
few mentioned in individual emails.

Thanks everyone for the help ...

-- Alex.