[ ANN ] Release 8.1.0 RC-1

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Aug 25 17:40:00 EDT 2016

Monte Goulding wrote:

 >> On 26 Aug 2016, at 7:03 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >> You'll also want to use those properties for any getters as well,
 >> given that they are global and perhaps settable by third-party
 >> plugins.
 >
 > Here’s where the problems settle in. By using revIDESetPreference
 > anything that has subscribed to the preference change will get a
 > message. If someone sets that property then they won’t...

In the current implementation that's true, hence my request.

On the other hand, no one else seems to mind that those global
properties are not being used, so if it's easier to ditch the props and
use the scripted function it won't be the end of the world.

But if you do that, please add entries for the alternate functions, and
include links in the Dict entries for scriptTextFont and scriptTextSize
so anyone looking for those will know where to go.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems