IPv6 & Apple

Charles Warwick charles at techstrategies.com.au
Tue Aug 23 00:27:54 EDT 2016

Hi Scott,

Ok, there are a couple of issues there.

Using "198.01.234.54:1234" as tDatabaseAddress indicates you are using a
hardcoded IPv4 address which can cause problems.

However there is a bigger issue there in that the database library in LC
does not support IPv6.

This means that for iOS apps that you want to submit to the app store,
you cannot directly connect to a remote database server using LC's
built-in database library.

The best solution I can recommend would be to use a HTTPS API written in
either LC, PHP, or something else to sit between your LC app and the
database server.

This also gives the added benefit of not needing to leave your database
server open to connections from anywhere on the Internet.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you want some more specific
help/suggestions.

Cheers,

Charles