IPv6 & Apple

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Aug 22 19:29:24 EDT 2016

Not a bug. Apple is now requiring that apps support IPV6 (presumably) because they think the only way to move people to use it is to enforce it. They may be right. Still, I would love to see the *actual* numbers of routable IP addresses in use on the inter webs to get an idea of how serious the "crisis" is. Otherwise I feel like I did when the world tried to pressure the US into going metric. We can never run out of LAN non-routable IP addresses. It's not like every device *has* to have a unique routable address, unless of course you wanted to be able to gain access to every network device, and those who want that worry me very, very much.

Bob S