Garbage collection (crashing on Windows)

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Thu Aug 18 14:09:35 EDT 2016

At 3:28 PM +0100 8/18/2016, Ben Rubinstein wrote:
>The real problem is that the script was written originally 13 years
>ago, and the basic architecture was to load everything into large
>global arrays for cleanliness.

I've had ugly crashes with large or complex arrays (that weren't
anywhere near the 4G limit). There are (or perhaps were - this may
have been fixed in the 8.x cycle) some problems with the way such
arrays were structured in memory, IIRC.

Which engine version are you using? (Apologies if you already said
that and I missed this.)