Can use assign multiple behaviors to a single object?

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Thu Aug 11 20:42:19 EDT 2016

> On 12 Aug 2016, at 10:17 AM, Dick Kriesel <dick.kriesel at mail.com> wrote:
>
> A use case involves the script editor’s "Apply" button, whose events may matter to multiple development tools.  When that button already has a behavior, the process for adding another also adds complexity and adverse side effects.  The library encapsulates the complexity and prevents the adverse side effects (that I’ve seen).

I’m interested in your use cases here on multiple levels. Firstly we are working towards an IDE with a rich set of events that plugins can subscribe to. We also need to flesh out a spec for filters which will probably just be events with pass by reference parameters so that things like IDE menus can be modified by plugins easily. One use case that I have wanted for a while is to be able to fiddle with the standalone settings in a plugin during savingStandalone. The end goal is all the IDE components are themselves plugins and people can use whichever parts suit their workflow. The other reason this tweaked my interest is I recently had a play with implementing a scriptChanged message which might be a good hook for your use cases. The idea needs a bit more thought so won’t make 8.1 although the scriptStatus property will (that returns an enum letting you know if the script is uncompiled, compiled or has an error… there’s a placeholder for a future warning state also).

Cheers

Monte