Can use assign multiple behaviors to a single object?

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Thu Aug 11 17:34:50 EDT 2016

Monte: yes I was aware of that option… but looking for

OBJECT A (with behaviors)
       behavior 1
       behavior 2
       bevaiour 3

all with an "equal standing". I can see how from the engine's point of view this might be challenging vs a hierarchical/cascading layout.

ergo, answer is "no, you can't do it that way." (have multiple behaviors parallel to each other)

The hierarchical behavior method obfuscates the architecture in the sense that it is very hard to see the common parent behaviors that are "hiding" behind the other child behaviors. (perhaps I am wrong there)  i.e. making that method even more challenging from a transparency-maintenance architecture choice… may as well just "start/stop" using libs as needed.

p.s. I realize "parent-child" has been deprecated… that still doesn't mean, IMHO, it is not the optimal language choice for talking about behaviors

BR