OT: Switch it off and back on ...

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 22:50:18 EDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 2:26 AM, Alex Tweedly <alex at tweedly.net> wrote:
> Why can't we build tech items that don't suffer such problems and get fixed
> by this solution ....

Well God couldn't do it with all his creations but instead ensured
there was an impossible to ignore signal of when to switch off at the
end of the day and when to get back to work next morning. Of course
only man tries to ignore the unignorable, burns the candle from both
ends, and tries to work non-stop for stupidly long periods of time but
the effect is inevitable, like the objects man makes, they stop
responding like they should and must be given the opportunity to be
'reset'.

So if 'man' is the most complex of all creations, maybe we should take
the hint and just build in an unignorable signal that our lesser
creation needs to be turned off and back on every so often ;-)