8.0.0 RC 1 Text Properties all gone?

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Mon Apr 18 14:01:50 EDT 2016

On 18/04/2016 18:42, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 4/18/2016 5:15 AM, Peter TB Brett wrote:
>> For example, on OS X, the system font to be used in user text fields
>> (Styled Text) is different from the system font to be used on Buttons
>> (Message).
>
> Do you have a list of what each pseudo-font name relates to, so I can
> attempt documentation? For example, I wouldn't have guessed that a
> button would use a style named "Messages". And if a field uses "Styled
> text" then what would plain "Text" be for?

It's already documented in the dictionary entry for "the fontNames".
Yes, it's only obvious in retrospect and no, I don't expect you to have
known to look there.

I personally really find the unstructured nature of the LiveCode
dictionary pretty unappealing and I'd really prefer something much more
coherently structured (like the Python reference manual).  However, that
would be way too big a task, so we must make do with what we have.

                                           Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team