Volunteer github guru for documentation submissions?

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Wed Apr 13 18:13:45 EDT 2016

> On 14 Apr 2016, at 12:42 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
> I wonder if the power and flexibility of LiveCode could be applied to making a front-end for working with LiveCode documentation.
>
> It would of course be ideal if the core dev team had time for that, but looking at the queue of things I'd like them to do and things others want them to do I can't say I'd want that to be a priority for them.

I’ve thought about this and yes it would be feasible to do however there are two things we know exist:
 - good git gui’s - I like and often use SourceTree which is available for Windows and Mac
 - good text editors - I use Atom these days

There really isn’t anything else we need other than some reasonable instructions on using said git gui and text editor. I really think that people would find using a local git gui and text editor much easier than the GitHub web interface.

In the end I think our community will benefit from not creating our own thing to hide ourselves from using tools that almost everyone else on other platforms are using. We can’t expect people to take a step in our direction if we aren’t prepared to take a step in theirs first. From a user centric perspective if I am going to learn to use something in order to do something for someone else I’d much rather the thing I’m learning be useful in other contexts I can apply it to. Neither the web interface nor some custom LC docs git gui will pass that test. Indeed a LC docs git gui is worse on that front.

Cheers

Monte