Load PDF in mobile browser

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 8 17:27:33 EDT 2016

On 4/8/2016 3:43 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> J. Landman Gay wrote:
>  > All my Android apps put up the App Chooser to determine which app
>  > to use to open the PDF.
>
> How?

When I click on a PDF file, like in my file manager or in Dropbox, it
puts up the App Chooser to find out what app to open it with. Chrome
does the same unless (I think) the PDF is a Google Drive doc.

I did a Google search in Chrome for "PDF Example" and got a bunch of
hits. Clicking on links usually put up the App Chooser but some of them
just opened directly in the Drive PDF Viewer (maybe they were Drive files?)

I'm getting mixed results in Chrome when it does show the App Chooser.
If I re-select Chrome in the App Chooser, it downloads the file to disk.
If I select Dolphin in the App Chooser I sometimes get an error that the
file couldn't be displayed, but other PDFs cause Dolphin to put up a
Download dialog, and yet others do display in Dolphin. I'm not sure why
various PDFs would behave differently in Dolphin.

I no longer have Android Firefox installed so I didn't test that. Naked
Browser, which I really like, just does an immediate download of the
file without even asking.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com