Set Text to the Vertical Center of the field

-hh hh at livecode.org
Sun Apr 3 08:25:29 EDT 2016

J. Landman Gay wrote
> When the "effective" keyword was first introduced, it applied to only a
> handful of properties. Over the years, additional ones were added. When I
> look in the dictionary, the keyword now shows what appears to be a
> comprehensive list of properties. However, none of the formatted*
> properties are listed.
>
> Have things changed so that any and all properties can now be "effective"?

Certainly not. But yes, as "release-noted" the text-system
and text-measurement ("formatted" infos) have changed a lot.
Text-measurement in LC 7/8 is still unfinished and will change.

TMHO it is already pretty good for "perfect" fonts (which
has glyph paths) although it has moreover to serve "old"
fonts that are close to bitmap.

(That's why I currently don't expect text measurement to be
close to "correct" in all possible cases.)