Release criteria (was "Release 6.7.7 / 7.1.0")

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 24 17:11:14 EDT 2015

Sebastien Nouat wrote:

 > By "Stable", we mean that no reported regressions have been
 > introduced in 6.7.7 / 7.1.0, compared to the previous Stable
 > release.

Which regressions count?

Respectfully, a frequent concern cited here, in my local user group, in
the forums, and elsewhere is the number of regressions outstanding in
LiveCode across multiple versions.

Just thinking back on my own reports over the last year, it may be that
a majority of them are for things that had worked in previous versions.
  Since they were reported we've seen "Stable" release after "Stable"
release, yet these regressions remain.

We know that sometimes a build is pushed from "DP" to "Stable" to take
care of Apple's lack of backward compatibility with regard to building
for iOS.

But beyond accommodating that, it would be helpful if the team could
clarify the drivers behind moving a release to "Stable" with such a
range of confirmed issues.

The general sentiment I hear is that most folks wouldn't mind waiting a
bit longer between releases to see more confirmed issues addressed.
Given the expense of building a release, maybe that would benefit the
company as well?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems