Platform-specific file path delimiters

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Thu Sep 24 07:55:37 EDT 2015

On Sep 24, 2015 5:15 AM, "Mark Waddingham" <mark at livecode.com> wrote:

> On 2015-09-23 20:42, Roger Eller wrote:
>
> So, whilst it was (I believe) an entirely unintended behavior, it is one
we will endeavour to still support... We just strongly recommend people
don't use (for reasons I'll explain in another post).

>> One fact regarding this anomaly is that after 6.5.2 it no longer worked
>> with the preferred // either.
>

> We've done work on file path processing at numerous points over the
versions to try and ensure things work correctly in all instances so that's
not entirely surprising.

> --
> Mark Waddingham ~ mark at livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
> LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

The one thing I referred to as a fact actually contained a mistake.
Sorry.  It should have stated that 6.7.5 was the last version in which UNC
paths still worked, not 6.5.2.

~Roger