HTML5 Roadmap?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed Sep 23 09:14:22 EDT 2015

On 2015-09-23 13:56, Paul Richards wrote:
> Interesting to see on v8 DP6
> (https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pulls?q=milestone%3A8.0.0-dp-6+is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed)
> that LCB widgets can be used in HTML5 Deployment
> https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/2897 (sorry Livecode if you
> planned to tell us this soon),     great to see what's happening to
> HTML5, but does this project have its own roadmap?
> It would be nice to see what is currently being worked on, or planned
> as POST is something I'm personally waiting for!

Well, activity on GitHub is always a good way of seeing what is
currently being worked on, or what will appear soon :)

The next near term goal for HTML5 is getting a version which works in
commercial (which includes sorting out password protection
functionality).

With that we'll have a version for all editions and can then start
iterating to add currently unimplemented functionality (network
operations included), improving code size and improving performance.

Some of these present quite big challenges so it is very hard to give
timescales. That being said, if there are specific features people would
like to see implemented sooner rather than later, please do let us know
(network operations are obviously quite high on the list!) as that will
help us order them appropriately.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps