The Feature Exchange Progress

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Sep 22 13:55:56 EDT 2015

On 9/22/2015 12:20 PM, Mark Waddingham wrote:
> As an engineer, however, I'm really hoping the Remote Debugger gets
> the pledges it needs as I personally think that's going to be the
> most fun to bring to you all.

And as a back-in-the-fold mobile developer, the lack of a debugger is
making me crazy. I've been doing mostly desktop work for a long time and
I'd forgotten how tedious it is to debug on a mobile device. It
literally takes 10-15 minutes to test a change after all the insertion
of "answer" or logging commands and rebuilding and installing and
testing. Even so you still have to guess what was wrong, hope you put
logging into the right handlers, and then repeat the process all over
again. And again.

I'll be pledging to this one, and I sure hope enough other people do
too. It would cut my development time to about a quarter of what I spend
now.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com