Rectangle detection

EED-wp Email prothero at earthednet.org
Fri Sep 4 20:10:24 EDT 2015

Peter,
I think you are going to have to analyze the pixels of the image using the byte values. Look in the sample stacks for image processing code. I am on the road until mid next week and if you haven't gotten started by then I will send you some code that can get you started.

If the rectangle box is arbitrary, you will have to search the image data for the horizontal and vertical lines of the box in the image. There may be other tricks you can do by moving line objects with particular rendering options while checking the adjacent pixels.

But, ideally someone on the list has already solved this problem and can offer finished code.

Good luck?
Bill

William Prothero
http://ed.earthednet.org