Rectangle detection

Peter Reid preid at reid-it.co.uk
Fri Sep 4 19:04:19 EDT 2015

I'm trying to detect and extract a rectangular area of an image.  The image is a graph with some parameters that are always contained inside a rectangle.  The graph consists of curves and axes in black on a white background.  The rectangle is a box consisting of black lines and it contains black text on a white background.  I need to extract the box alone so I can run it through an OCR process to convert the key parameters inside the rectangle into text for other purposes.

Can anyone suggest a method, script or add-on for LiveCode that will help me extract a rectangle from its surrounding image?

Thanks.
--
Peter Reid
Loughborough, UK