[ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.0 for Atom Editor

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 05:51:51 EDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 7:36 AM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:

> This is probably a question for any Atom experts out there but The
> autocomplete doesn't seem to be working as I expected.
>
> I'm definitely NOT an Atom expert, but try this

> According to the Atom documentation, autocomplete should include words in
> the file you're editing, so for example if I have a local declaration, it
> should suggest the names of the variables for autocompletion but that's not
> happening.
>
> Go to Atom's Preferences - cmd comma on OS X

In the middle column select Packages

Scroll down until you find "autocomplete-plus" - be aware there are several
autocomplete but the plus package should be the only one that has a
"Settings" button

Click on the Settings button and scroll down and about the 2nd last Option
is "Default Provider" it is probably set to "Symbol" - I don't know why as
it states it's 'experimental' - change it to 'Fuzzy'. This should find the
words in your file.

> It's also a little odd that the suggestions include words that include the
> letters I'm typing anywhere in them so if I start typing "tVa", the
> suggestions include "toplevel stack", "twelveHourTime to trueORfalse", and
> "traversalOn".
>
> In the same settings pane go up to 'Use Strict Matching for Built-in
Provider" and Tick the box. This should reduce the matches to what you are
expecting.

You need to restart Atom for these to take effect.

By the way, if any packages (livecode or Atom community) are updated when
you go to Atom's Settings pane and click on Packages in the middle column,
any package updates that are available have an green "Update" button
associated with them. Very easy.

HTH