LC8 Geometry Manager

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Oct 20 13:43:19 EDT 2015

Kay C Lan wrote:

> It appears to be a 'smart' option.
>
> If your field is large enough and contains data that could be interpreted
> as a table then when you select the field the property inspector gives you
> an extra 'table' tool. So for me, a couple of one line fields I have when I
> select the property inspector the third tool across the top is 'Colors',
> but if I select a large field with multiple lines of formatted text in it,
> the third tool becomes the 'Table' tool and Colors and the rest are moved
> to the right.

How large is "large"?  How does one turn an empty rectangle field into a
table field?  Sometimes I use single-line fields with table formatting
(vgrid), sometimes multi-line, sometimes I use vgrid with listBehavior,
sometimes without....

Rather than the IDE try to guess what I'm going, perhaps it could simply
provide options for the selected object and let me make my own choices.

Adjusting the order of buttons prevents people from acquiring muscle
memory with the tool, already made surprisingly difficult with the small
target area for the tab icons.  After all, the whole point of moving
from the option control to tab icons was for ease of access, and Fitts'
Law and all that....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems