Custom radio button icons

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Oct 13 16:07:55 EDT 2015

I need to assign a custom icon for a whole lot of radio buttons. I want
them to use the same spacing as the default radio button: icon at the
left, a small margin, then the button text.

Assigning a custom icon draws it at the right. Setting the textalign to
"right" moves the icon to the correct place at the left, but the button
text is pushed to the right margin. I want the text to be offset the
same distance from the icon as the default radio button.

I can resize the button to push the text over to the left, but I don't
want to because the stack is internationalized and every button is
currently wide enough to accomodate all languages it supports.

If I set the iconGravity to "left" instead, the icon and text are drawn
on top of each other at the left margin.

If I really do have to resize them all, it will have to be dynamically
on preOpenCard which I'd like to avoid. It seems like there has to be an
easier way. Is there?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com