AW: How to access the text of an option btn before menuPick?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Oct 9 14:27:36 EDT 2015

J. Landman Gay wrote:

 > If it doesn't do that on Windows, the only thing I can think of is
 > to make the button as wide as the longest text on mouseDown, and
 > when the menu closes (in menuPick and mouseRelease,) set the width
 > back to the original size.

IIRC the Win HIG suggests making the button as wide as needed to display
its longest item because it's a selector control, and the user should be
able to see what they've selected.

If it's not important to display what they selected a pulldown menu may
suffice and give you complete control over its width.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems