Death of the Application Browser

-hh hh at livecode.org
Sun Nov 29 05:50:50 EST 2015

> > R. Mathewson wrote:
> > Although I would still like to know why it has been
> > downgraded to a Plug-in.

> M. Wieder wrote:
> Actually, I don't see that as a downgrade at all. Making
> it a plugin allows it to be more malleable, fixable,
> replaceable. Taking it out of the IDE hierarchy should
> give us more options to work on the Application Browser.
> Since the team wants to do other things, it's up to the
> community to fix the AB, and making it a plugin makes it
> easier to do so.

Reading that one could wish, the LC 7 property inspector
could become upgraded to a plugin too.

And here in advance a tip for the handful of persons here who
think that *everything* new is better (there are improvements,
but also changes for the worse).

== Just try both, the oldPI and the newPI, with small stacks
and large stacks, then you don't need a listing of what is good
and what should become better with the newPI.

== And just try both, the AB and the new PB, with small stacks
and large stacks, then you don't need a listing of what is good
enough and what should become better with the PB.

Hermann