Death of the Application Browser

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Thu Nov 26 20:07:47 EST 2015

> On 27 Nov 2015, at 11:11 am, [-hh] <hh at livecode.org> wrote:
>
> I would like to have that project browser does at least the same functional
> (working) things as the application browser.

While it may seem like there are a lot of people saying this stuff there’s actually only a handful. The project browser appears to have all the same features (plus a good deal more) as the application browser. The only thing it doesn’t have as far as I can tell is the separate card view which I agree often means you can end up a little lost if you ave a complex hierarchy with a lot of objects deeply nested in groups. Personally I think the app browser card view can also get a bit hectic if there’s a lot of objects in nested groups. That’s why I suggested having options to drag out an object and have it be the root node of tree in a new window. Also perhaps a simple pulldown button so the list might only show the current card of the top stack, the whole top stack, open stacks, main stacks etc. Something like that should only take a small amount of time to implement but could make it much more functional with large projects.

Cheers

Monte